Friday, August 22, 2008

I Am Thankful

I am sitting here on the couch. It is Friday night, Z and the kids are snuggled in the bed upstairs (we have an early soccer game tomorrow morning). I just finished a very busy day at work, and am a little tired. I missed the kids today and wished our together time could have been longer. Z worked a long day, but was able to pick up S who was spending some quality time with her grandmother. Z's mom also sent us home a wonderful meal, still warm from the oven, that we devoured in about 10 minutes. E and M had a fun filled day playing at my mom's with the cousins. When I look back over the day, I am thankful. Sometimes I would love to be a stay at home mom, but I am thankful I have a great job and wonderful family to look after my children when I work. Sometimes my husband works long hours, but I am thankful he is such a hard worker and goes above and beyond to provide for us. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the business of 3 kids going in 3 different directions, but I am thankful for those children and cannot imagine life without them. Sometimes I wish I did not have to depend on my family so much, but I am thankful for my family and so glad to have them close. It is just nice to sit back, reflect on the day, count my blessings and be THANKFUL

No comments: